Review: KastKing SuperPower Braided Fishing Line - Abrasion Resistant Braided Lines – Incredible Superline – Zero Stretch – Smaller Diameter – A Must-Have!
Published on May 12, 2023, 6:56 p.m.
KastKing’s SuperPower braided fishing line is designed to provide anglers with an affordable yet high-quality braided line option. Made from high-grade polyethylene fibers, this braid is abrasion resistant, sensitive, and available in a wide range of strengths and colors to suit different fishing needs. I recently tested out the 50lb moss green color and was impressed with its performance and value.
- Brand: KastKing
- Product: SuperPower Braided Fishing Line
- Model: 50lb test, Moss Green color
- Line Type: 4-strand braided polyethylene
- Highlights: Abrasion resistance, sensitivity, strength, affordable price
Features and Benefits
The SuperPower braided line stands out for the following features:
Abrasion Resistance: The braided strands are tightly woven and resist fraying when dragged across rocks or branches. This allows the line to withstand the wear and tear of fishing in heavy cover.
Sensitivity: The minimal stretch of braided line paired with the tight weave makes this line extremely sensitive to light bites and bottom structure changes.
Affordability: At a fraction of the cost of premium braided lines, the SuperPower offers great value without sacrificing quality.
Variety: With strengths from 10lb to 150lb and a rainbow of color options, anglers can select the perfect line for their needs.
Smooth Casting: The round, smooth surface results in longer, more accurate casts compared to rough monofilament.
Minimal Line Memory: The line retains its shape well with minimal coil memory out of the package.
I spooled up one of my baitcasting reels with the 50lb moss green SuperPower line and used it for a variety of freshwater applications from bass fishing to catfishing.
The line performed excellently for casting weightless plastics on light jigheads. I could clearly feel the lure bouncing along the bottom and detect subtle bites. The braid held up well when abrasion resistance was tested against logs and rocks.
When hooking into larger catfish, the line had no issues handling the drag and landing feisty fish. The moss green color remained vibrant even after multiple uses.
- Bass fishing - excellent sensitivity for detecting light bites
- Flipping and pitching - abrasion resistance for heavy cover
- Frog fishing - strength to pull fish from heavy vegetation
- Saltwater fishing - durable for fighting powerful fish
User Feedback Analysis
The KastKing SuperPower braided line has received overwhelmingly positive feedback from thousands of anglers. Analyzing the reviews reveals insights into its key strengths and weaknesses:
Numerous anglers rave about the sensitivity of the SuperPower braid, mentioning how well they can feel bites, lure action, and bottom structure compared to nylon monofilament. The lack of stretch translates vibrations directly to the rod tip. Many report hooking more fish as a result.
Users continuously highlight the exceptional abrasion resistance for the price point. The tightly woven polyethylene strands hold up to repeated scraping against rocks, logs, and rough boat gunwales. Anglers are able to land fish in heavy cover without their line getting shredded in the process.
The most common praise is the value offered by KastKing’s braid. At nearly half the cost of premium competitors, it provides high-end performance on a budget. This makes it easy for anglers to load up on braid for multiple reels without breaking the bank.
A repeated complaint is that the line’s color coating tends to bleed off initially before stabilizing. This causes discoloration of guides, rods, and hands while spooling new line. However, the bleeding does not affect the line’s integrity.
While better than nylon, some anglers note that the SuperPower line can develop some coil memory when stored on the reel for prolonged periods. Occasional re-spooling helps mitigate this issue.
- Extremely abrasion resistant
- Highly sensitive with minimal stretch
- Strong knot and breaking strength
- Very affordable compared to competitors
- Wide range of colors and strengths
- Color coating may bleed off at first use
- Not as thin as more expensive “superlines”
- Memory not as good as fused lines
When the KastKing SuperPower’s performance, quality, and price point are compared to competitors, it provides exceptional overall value.
While not quite as thin, round, or durable as the most premium braided lines that cost $40+ per spool, the SuperPower matches or exceeds them in key categories like strength, abrasion resistance, and sensitivity.
Considering its affordable price of around $20 per spool, the KastKing braid is on par with lines over twice the cost. The value is unmatched for budget-minded anglers who don’t want to sacrifice quality and performance.
The SuperPower braid excels in providing the key attributes serious anglers demand from a high-end braid at a mere fraction of the price. This combination of excellence and value has made it a top-selling and highly rated braided line option.
KastKing’s SuperPower braided fishing line provides a combination of performance, strength, and value that is hard to beat. The abrasion resistance, sensitivity, smooth handling, and variety of options make this an excellent all-around braided line for freshwater and saltwater fishing. I would highly recommend SuperPower braid for anglers looking for an affordable upgrade over monofilament.
- Materials: UHMWPE fibers
- Strands: 4 and 8 strand options
- Diameters: 0.06 - 0.80mm
- Breaking strength: 10 - 150 lbs
- Colors: Moss green, ocean blue, yellow, red, and more
- Braided fishing line on spool
- Comes in lengths of 150 to 1500 yards depending on lb test
- Available in 4, 8, and 12 strand options
How to Use
The KastKing SuperPower braided line can be used for a variety of fishing applications. To utilize it:
- Choose the pound test appropriate for your target fish species and technique
- Attach the line directly to your reel or tie to a monofilament or fluorocarbon leader
- Spool the line onto your reel while maintaining medium tension
- Adjust your drag accordingly to avoid exceeding the line’s strength
- Check for abrasions periodically and re-spool when damage is noticed
- Enjoy the sensitivity, strength, and abrasion resistance!